In the last time i have a lot to do with creating and testing SNMP monitors in our monitoring system. Rather than being surprised when a SNMP monitor doesn’t work correctly, i would like to test my newly created monitors against a SNMP simulation tool.
So i was looking for an SNMP simulating tool. But the only ones i could found, are to expensive for me or not useable.
Cause of this, i started to develope my own SNMP simulation tool running on Windows system.
The currently planed features are:
- MIB Browser
- Record values from a life Agent (walk an Hardware agent and log it)
- Simulate different agent simultanous
- Log SNMP request received by the tool and answeers from the tool to your monitoring system
- Change values of OID’s manualy to test monitoring systems when incorrect values are submitted
- Change values of OID’s automaticaly by predifined rules / tasks
- Support for SNMP v1, v2 and v3
Let me now, which feature you would like in an SNMP simulation tool.